The Power of the 3rd Party Voter
In this post, I want to explore two topics:
- Wasting the third party vote
- My impact on the 2020 election
My reasons for becoming a Libertarian are a little out of scope for this article but after spending time on the campaign trail for the 2020 US Senate for the state of North Carolina election, one of the most common statements I heard while meeting people across North Carolina included the following:
- I really want to vote for you, but I don’t want to waste my vote.
- I believe you are the right person for the job BUT I don’t want to waste my vote.
- I would vote for you if you were a Democrat.
- I would vote for you if you were a Republican.
- If you are not a Republican or Democrat, you can’t win. Why wastes your time?
These questions or statements are not crazy. Depending on your experience or where you live; these are quite valid. In truth, ever since the Clinton administration (IMHO), politics have become more like Super Bowl contents as opposed to making informed decisions, people pick their team whether they agree with most of the platform or not. See my previous post on the affects of social media and gun violence and you can probably use the same argument for any number of topics.
So let's get into it .....Read more
Who is Shannon Bray?
Shannon Bray is a technology entrepreneur who focuses on providing solutions to a wide range of industries on behalf of Microsoft. Shannon started his information technology career shortly after being honorably discharged from the Navy. Over the past 30 years, Shannon has designed technical solutions for the federal government and has worked for several federal agencies over the years. Shannon has also authored a number of books and technical training courses.
Shannon lives with his wife, Stephanie, and their 3 children: Eden, Hayden, and Kenna. All 3 children go to different schools in Wake county.
As the next governor of North Carolina, Shannon will work tirelessly to ensure we, as a state, are:
- Missouri Science and Technology - Ph.D. Student in Computer Science; focusing on election security.
- University of Delaware - Master of Science: Cybersecurity
- Colorado State University Global Campus - Bachelor of Science: Information Technology
- Arapahoe Community College - Associate of Science and Associate of Art: History
Shannon Bray serves the state of North Carolina by actively participating in the following government services:
- US Naval Sea Cadets - LCDR Shannon Bray, NSCC, presides over the units in North Carolina as the Regional Director.
- Navy League - Shannon is currently the president of the Triangle chapter.
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary - Shannon Bray volunteers his time to help the US Coast Guard benefit from his years of IT expertise.
- Cyber Patriot - Shannon serves as a coach for the Cyber Patriot program.
Shannon is a member of the Libertarian party.
Like most Americans, Shannon understands that policies on both sides can offer value to our country and community. We have more in common than different. It is important to find our similarities and work from there.
For more information on Shannon Bray professionally, review: Shannon Bray on LinkedIn