In this post, I want to explore two topics:
- Wasting the third party vote
- My impact on the 2020 election
My reasons for becoming a Libertarian are a little out of scope for this article but after spending time on the campaign trail for the 2020 US Senate for the state of North Carolina election, one of the most common statements I heard while meeting people across North Carolina included the following:
- I really want to vote for you, but I don’t want to waste my vote.
- I believe you are the right person for the job BUT I don’t want to waste my vote.
- I would vote for you if you were a Democrat.
- I would vote for you if you were a Republican.
- If you are not a Republican or Democrat, you can’t win. Why wastes your time?
These questions or statements are not crazy. Depending on your experience or where you live; these are quite valid. In truth, ever since the Clinton administration (IMHO), politics have become more like Super Bowl contents as opposed to making informed decisions, people pick their team whether they agree with most of the platform or not. See my previous post on the affects of social media and gun violence and you can probably use the same argument for any number of topics.
So let's get into it .....Read more